Departs From: Athens
Meeting Point: Hotel pick up
Duration: 4 days / 3 nights
Available: Departs Monday Tuesday Thursday Saturday at 08:45, Monday Tuesday Saturday at 08:45
Greece through the centuries will unfold before you on this four day tour.
Day 1 Leave by the coastal road to the Corinth Canal where you'll have a short stop. Drive on and visit the Theatre of Epidauros which is famous for its remarkable acoustics. Proceed to the town of Nauplion (short photo stop), before going to Mycenae to visit the Archaeological Site and the Tomb of Agamemnon. Pass through Central Peloponnese and the towns of Tripolis and Megalopolis to reach Olympia, the cradle of the Olympic Games.
Day 2 In the morning visit the Archaeological Site with the Sanctuary of Olympian Zeus, the Ancient Stadium and the Archaeological Museum. Drive on through the plains of Ilia and Achaia. See the magnificent bridge crossing the Corinthian Bay from Rion to Antirion. Pass by the picturesque towns of Nafpactos (Lepanto) and Itea before arrive in Delphi.
Day 3 Go to the Archaeological Site and the Museum in Delphi before departing for Kalambaka, a small town at the foot of the astonishing complex of Meteora.
Day 4 Visit Meteora where you'll see a most striking scenery. Perched on top of huge rocks which seem to be suspended in mid-air, stand ageless Monasteries with exquisite specimens of Byzantine art. Return to Athens via Trikala, Lamia, Thermopylae, where you'll take a short stop to see Leonida's Monument across the road. Arrive in Athens early in the evening.
Hotel Pick-up Schedule
- View hotel pick-up schedule
English - every departure
French* - Monday, Saturday
Italian - Tuesday (in 2012, from June 18 until September 8 only)
*French language is excluded in the following dates of 2012: May 12, May 26, June 9, June 23, July 14, August 18, September 8, September 22 and September 30. On these dates, the tours will be in English and Flamand.
- Pick-up from major hotels in Athens City Center or Amalias and Souri Streets, Athens
- Handling of one piece of luggage per person
- 3 dinners
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- For the visit to the monastery, ladies must wear skirts and gentlemen must wear long trousers.
- Children under 4 years of age are free of charge provided no bed or seat in the bus is occupied, or meals offered.
- In case of a force majeure and/or reasons beyond our control and events that occur after the tour departure, our local operator reserves the right to modify the routing and alter the itineraries.
- Hotel pick-up must be pre-booked at least 24 hours before departure time. Contact information will be provided upon reconfirmation.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.