Departs From: Rio De Janeiro
Meeting Point: H Stern Store at the Copacabana Palace Hotel
Duration: 4 hours
Available: Departs daily at 09:00
Meet at the magnificent and classic Copacabana Palace Hotel. Take the subway downtown and learn how to use this excellent means of transportation in Rio, a great way to orientate yourself with this large city. Hop off at Carioca Station and wander through the Financial District, home of huge companies such as Petrobras and BNDES. Visit Carioca Square, once the main source of drinking water in Rio, transported in by the Aqueducts of Lapa. Climb on the tram for the journey up to Santa Teresa, a 20 minute ride over the aqueducts which are now used as the tram route. This is the last tram line in Brazil for transportation purpose. Next stop - Largo dos Guimaraes. Explore the cobblestone streets of Santa Teresa on foot and discover beautiful architecture, art galleries, restaurants and local costumes. One of Rio's oldest neighbourhoods, Santa Teresa, situated high on a hill overlooking Rio, enchants locals and visitors alike with it's cobbled streets and eclectic architectural styles. The views of the city centre and the bay are stunning. Previously a neighborhood dominated by the elite, with their departure to more modern suburbs of Rio it has been transformed into an artistic centre with many artists choosing the area as their preferred place of residence.
Among the attractions in Santa Teresa, the highlights are the Chacara do Ceu Museum, the Ruins Park and its gorgeous view over Rio de Janeiro Downtown and Guanabara Bay. Many visitors compare the neighborhood to the bohemian district of Montmartre in Paris. During the Carnival, many street bands perform on the streets and the most famous one is "Bloco das Carmelitas", which was named after the local Convent. On the way back towards Lapa District drop by the Carmelitas' Convent and clamber down the picturesque "Selaron's Staircase" to see his masterpiece and meet its mentor.
- English speaking local guide
- Roundtrip subway ticket
- Tram ride fare
- Meals and drinks unless specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Tour will be operated as a guaranteed Small Group Tour with a maximum of 12 guests.
- As Latin Americans can be very concerned of appearance, it is recommended for guests to be conservative in their outfits. Outside of beach areas, halter tops and very short shorts should not be worn. When visiting churches or religious sites shoulders and knees should be covered.
- Children below 6 years old are not permitted on this tour.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.
- Air, Helicopter & Balloon Tours
- Cruises, Mini & Dinner Cruises
- Day Trips & Excursions outside the city
- Hiking, Cycling & Outdoor Activities
- Lakes, Beaches & Swimming Fun
- Multi-day & Extended Tours
- Nature & Eco Tours
- Night Tours
- Safari, Jeep & Quad Tours
- Segway & Walking Tours
- Shows, Cabarets & Concerts
- Snorkling, Diving & Water Sports
- City Tours & Sightseeing
- Private Tours
- Airport Shuttle