Departs From: Rio de Janeiro
Meeting Point: Hotel pick up
Duration: 4 hours
Available: Departs daily at 08:00
Santa Marta is a slum area located in Dona Marta Hill, officially part of Botafogo, in Rio de Janeiro. The residents refer to the slum as Santa Marta because of the image of the saint kept in a chapel at the top of the hill. The community is famous for being the place where the video for Michael Jackson's song They Don't Care About Us was shot. Since November 20 of 2008, the slum was occupied by the Military Police of Rio de Janeiro.
We'll move on to the dense rainforest, in an area of environmental preservation, just ten minutes away from Rio's touristic area, in the Tijuca Rainforest, which is the biggest urban forest in the world, to enjoy a small hike to a waterfall and a few other things along the way.
- Jeep Tour Ride
- View from the Dona Marta Hill
- Meet the Favela Where Michal Jackson's Clip Was Shot.
- Get to Know the Routine of the Locals
- Slum Pacified by the Police
- 20-30 Minute Hike Through Tijuca Rain Forest
- Hotel pick up View Hotel Pick Up List
- Professional tour guide
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Personal expenses
- If your hotel is located outside the vicinity of the Copacabana, Ipanema or Leblon Beach we may not be able to pick you up from your chosen hotel. If this is the case you will be advised so that an alternative pickup point can be arranged.
- Please call 48 hours before your tour date to confirm the departure time of this tour.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.
- Air, Helicopter & Balloon Tours
- Cruises, Mini & Dinner Cruises
- Day Trips & Excursions outside the city
- Hiking, Cycling & Outdoor Activities
- Lakes, Beaches & Swimming Fun
- Multi-day & Extended Tours
- Nature & Eco Tours
- Night Tours
- Safari, Jeep & Quad Tours
- Segway & Walking Tours
- Shows, Cabarets & Concerts
- Snorkling, Diving & Water Sports
- City Tours & Sightseeing
- Private Tours
- Airport Shuttle