Departs From: Rome
Meeting Point: East Side (Piazza Ponte S.Angelo) of the Sant'Angelo bridge
Duration: 3 hours and 30 minutes
Available: Departs daily at 08:00, daily except Sunday at 09:30
Begin your adventure at Ponte Sant'Angelo the chief site of executions in Rome built by the Emperor Hadrian in the 2nd Century A.D. The most celebrated being the 22 year old Beatrice Cenci who was decapitated by the sword along with her step mother in 1599 for murdering their lecherous father. Legend has it that every year on the night before her death, she comes back to the bridge carrying her severed head. It appeared in Dan Brown's 2000 novel Angels and Demons, the location was the secret lair for the Hassassin and is the last existing church of the Illuminati.
You will walk to Via dei Banchi Nuovi and discover why the Spanish ambassador spat in his valet's face. The route takes you through Piazza Navona and Piazza Pasquino site of one of the talking statues and Via dei Banchi Vecchian ancient street once home to Florentine bankers as well as Via Giulia where there are and plenty of interesting churches.
Visit Piazza Farnese the setting of Puccini's opera Tosca, with its 16th Century Palazzo and two magnificent fountains made from two giant basins originally from the Baths of Caracalla.
Then off to Campo di Fiori, where you will see where Giordano Bruno was burnt at the stake as a heretic.
You'll walk through winding streets and arrive at Palazzo Spada and see Boromino's "perspective" before crossing the Ponte Sisto to Trastevere with its labyrinth of streets, refurbished buildings, art galleries, trendy bars and local atmosphere like Piazza Trilussa a popular meeting place for locals.
Finish at the Piazza Santa Maria the eponymous church in the square which is thought to be the first Christian temple in Rome. Built on the spot where in 38 B.C. oil sprang from the ground which was said to be a sign of the coming of Christ.
- Expert Photographer Guide
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Participants must have a basic knowledge of their cameras.
- Routes may be changed based on local conditions.
- Tours leave rain or shine.
- Please wear a pair of good walking shoes, and bring a lightweight poncho in case it rains. A small bottle of water & sun hat is recommended for high temperatures.
- A lightweight tripod is recommended for evening sessions.
- Clients who have not booked this activity in conjunction with a hotel are advised to provide contact details.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.
- Day Trips & Excursions outside the city
- Food, Wine & Gastronomy
- Hiking, Cycling & Outdoor Activities
- Hop On / Off Tours
- Multi-day & Extended Tours
- Nature & Eco Tours
- Night Tours
- Photo Tours
- Segway & Walking Tours
- Shows, Cabarets & Concerts
- Something Different
- City Tours & Sightseeing
- Private Tours
- Shore Excursions
- City Pass & Skip the Line Tickets
- Airport Shuttle