Departs From: San Salvador
Meeting Point: Airport pick up
Duration: 4 Days
Available: Departs Tuesday at upon request
Upon your arrival, you will be transferred from the International Airport of Comalapa to San Salvador City, situated about 39 kilometers and 35 minutes away. A representative from our company will welcome and assist you. In the evening, you can take an optional night tour that takes you to the restaurant area and nightlife of San Salvador.
Day 2: City Tour & Panchimalco
You will tour the main avenues of the city, taking a glimpse into the history of El Salvador, told by the various monuments scattered throughout the capital. You will pass through the Plaza of the Americas, where you can find the monument that gives the name to the country, "El Salvador del Mundo" (The World's Savior). You will visit the Alameda Roosevelt to reach the Plaza Barrios and watch the impressive Metropolitan Cathedral, and the elegant National Palace, two buildings of great historical prominence. Finally, you will visit the National Theater of neoclassical architectural style which is reminiscent of the great European theaters.
Panchimalco is a UNESCO protected site, situated just below the rock formation known as "La Puerta del Diablo" (The Devil's Door). From there, you will enjoy a beautiful view of San Vicente volcano and Lake Ilopango. You will also visit to the colonial Church of the Holy Cross, the art Gallery of Miguel Ángel, a Salvadorean artist that captured the locals on canvas. In the evening, you can take an optional disco tour that brings you to the disco district of El Salvador, including Multiplaza, Zona Rosa and La Gran Via.
Day 3: Archeological Boquerón
You will be taken to the imposing Volcano of San Salvador, where you will visit the crater known as Boquerón. You can enjoy a refreshing ecotouristic walk through the nature and trails. The next stop is the Black Sea (an area covered by lava, now volcanic rock, thrown out by el Boquerón), where you can see the bird Torogoz, El Salvador's national bird, squirrels, and other animals. The majestic pines, oaks and different varieties of trees will amaze you!
Later, you will be brought to the Pompeii of America, the archaeological site Joya de Cerén, a World Heritage Site by UNESCO since 1993. Joya de Cerén was covered by the explosion of the Loma Caldera volcano. This explosion preserved the remains of the pre-Hispanic civilization for hundreds of years. You will also be taken to visit the "Ruinas de San Andrés,"
You will have time for lunch in the city of Santa Ana and a panoramic tour of the historic center of the city, which takes you to the Gothic Cathedral and the City Theater.
Later, you will be taken to the beach resort "Las Hojas Resort." You can enjoy a refreshing swim in the beautiful Salvadorean beaches, take a massage at the edge of the sea or taste a delicious Salvadorean cocktail while enjoying the breeze of the Pacific Coast.
Day 4: Transfer Out
Three hours before your flight departs, you will be taken to the Handicraft Market of San Salvador to make the last shopping trip of the voyage. Services will end after you are transferred to the airport of El Salvador. Have a nice trip!
- Personalized attention for 4 days
- Air-conditioned tourist transportation, video system, microphone and professional driver
- Hotel accommodations at 3*, 4* or 5* hotel according to selection
- Breakfast at chosen hotel
- Bilingual guide
- Entrances to tourist sites
- Refreshing drinks during activities
- Las Hojas Resort stay with meal
- Assistance card for insurance coverage
- Country taxes
- Tourism taxes
- Airline ticket
- Airport taxes (USD 10.00)
- Immigrations or VISA expenses
- Transfers outside of scheduled itinerary
- Meals and drinks not included in the description
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- English, Spanish, French, Italian, German
- Additional charges may apply for foreign language tours.
- Children below 3 years old are free of charge if seated on adult's lap and sleeping in the same bed.
- This tour has a 2 passenger minimum requirement for operation and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. Please call at least 24 hours prior to departure to confirm schedule.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.