Discover the amazing archeological site of Herculaneum. Walk through the Roman city buried in the same volcanic eruption as Pompeii and explore its fascinating ruins with your private guide.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
- English, Italian
- Small group
- Limited to 16 participants
Select participants and date
Meet your guide in front of the Ruins of Herculaneum ticket office.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- This is a small group tour of up to 16 guests. The small-group size gives you a personalized experience away from the crowds
- Large bags and backpacks will not be allowed inside the site. You will be able to leave them at the entrance where a free cloakroom service is available
- This is a 2-hour guided tour that only includes the archaeological site. The tour lasts 3 hours if you wish to visit both the archaeological site and the Virtual Archaeological Museum (Museo Archeologico Virtuale). Admission to the museum requires a separate ticket that must be purchased on-site (full price: €7, reduced: €6 for under 18, over 65, students, and teachers)
- Reduced tickets (child 4-17) can only be purchased together with a standard price ticket
- Unfortunately, this tour is not wheelchair accessible