Visit the site of the first modern Olympic Games at the Panathenaic Stadium, explore the historic Plaka area and marvel at the classical monuments of the Acropolis of Athens on a private group walking tour.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
- Private group
Select participants and date
Meet your guide next to the ticket machines under the hanging clock inside Syntagma Metro Station. Your guide will be holding an orange sign for ease of contact.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
Know before you go
- Wear comfortable shoes and bring a hat and a bottle of water
- A sweater is recommended in the early spring or fall
- Entrance tickets to the Acropolis and Temple of Zeus cost €28 per adult. Youths aged 6-24 are entitled to reduced or free entrance (providing they have a valid ID or passport) depending on nationality. Seniors aged 65+ (EU citizens only) are entitled to reduced entrance fees (providing they have a valid ID or passport)
- This tour is 4 hours long and includes around 1 hour of walking. There are many stops with shady corners. The walking pace is moderate and suitable for everyone
- The tour is in English, unless another language is agreed
- There are restrooms along the route
- Please bring cash for the tickets.