Discover Ancient Greece and visit the Acropolis, an ancient citadel above Athens. See the temple of Asclepius and the impressive Odeon of Herodes Atticus with your guide and hear about the history and mythology on this guided walking tour.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 1.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Meet your guide at the entrance of the Metro station Acropolis, on the street level. For the tour that starts at 8:00 travelers are asked to be at the meeting point at 7:40. For the tour that starts at 9:30 and at 17:00 travelers are asked to be at the meeting point entre 10 and 5 minutes before the tour starts.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Baby strollers
- Non-folding wheelchairs
- Electric wheelchairs
Know before you go
- This tour requires walking uphill and on uneven surfaces.
- Tickets to the site must be purchased beforehand. Regular tickets can be purchased online but all free or discounted tickets can only be purchased in person at the ticket office. Even if you benefit from free admission, it is necessary to have the physical ticket that is only given at the ticket office.
- If you do the tour at 8:15, we recommend being in the ticket office area of the south entrance around 7:45 a.m. so that when they open to the public (at 8:00 a.m.) you can get them quickly before having a longer queue. Once the tickets are given to you, you must go to the meeting point, which is less than a 2-minute walk from the ticket office.
- Ticket office location: https://goo.gl/maps/2NrUQSAh2ww5XZxG6
- Meeting point location: https://goo.gl/maps/84CxmmK2pvrSsRrU9
- If you have discount or free entrance, we recomend you do the tours at 8:15 or 17:00 (depends on availability) because ticket office will be less crowded.