Explore the frozen waterfalls of Johnston Canyon in quiet darkness at night as you hike along the suspended catwalks under the stars. Enjoy a guided evening tour to the cascading lower falls where you can warm up with hot chocolate and a snack.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 2.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Small group
- Limited to 12 participants
Select participants and date
• Wait at the public bus parking spot located behind the Mount Royal Hotel at 138 Banff Ave. You must be ready 5 minutes prior to the pick-up time. The pick-up times are 6:12 PM or 7:12 PM, depending on your tour time • Hotel pickup from Banff hotels is available at no extra charge but you must call the local partner to schedule this ahead of timeOpen in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Warm clothing
- Warm shoes
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- The minimum age for this tour is 8 years
- Children aged 15 and under must have someone 18 years and older with them
- All adults must sign a waiver prior to the tour; a waiver must also be completed by the parent or guardian of any child under the age of 18
- Guests should dress in winter clothing for this trip including a winter jacket, snow pants, hats, mittens, and waterproof winter boots; safety is the first priority, if the guide thinks your attire or footwear isn’t appropriate and compromises your safety on the tour, you may not be able to participate
- In total, this is a 2.2km hike with 65m of elevation gain, and is considered easy/moderate