Hungary has one of Europe's greatest baking traditions, and its coffeehouses were once second-homes to writers and artists. Get acquainted with the city’s grandest cafés and pastry shops while tasting sweets, getting caffeinated, and learning.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Private or small groups available
- Experience the contrast between traditional and modern desserts,
- Visit one of the oldest and grandest coffeehouses in Budapest
- Taste many delicious things, including sweet Tokaji aszú wine, several sweets, and and an exquisite coffee
- Enjoy the company of a local food-specialized guide
- Visit at least five cafés
- Food specialized guide
- Tastings of a variety of sweets, coffee (or other drinks), and sweet Tokaj wine
- Visits to five or six venues
- Additional food and drink
- Gratuities (optional)
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The Tasting Table (& Shop) Address: Bródy Sándor utca 9 1088 Budapest (District VIII) Just 150 meters from the National Museum, the shop/tasting room is a 5-minute walk from both Astoria (M2) and Kálvin tér (M3). Trams 47 and 49 also stop at Astoria and Kálvin tér.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- This tour is available all year round, excluding Hungarian Public Holidays.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- This is a small group tour (which means minimum of 2 guests and maximum of 8 guests). If you would rather have a private tour (which can be customized), please make sure you choose that option when booking!
- Though there will be plenty of eating breaks, be prepared to cover a lot of ground on your feet during this tour. Unfortunately this tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- Minimum of 2 apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.