Casa Loma: Tours & Tickets
5 Highlights of Casa Loma
Casa Loma is a turn-of-the-century mansion worth $3 million, sitting beside a lake in Toronto. Although it's no longer a home, visitors can still walk through it as a museum.
1. Great Hall
With ceilings extending 60 feet upwards, this is the focus of elegance at Casa Loma.
2. Windsor Room
Canada's British influence is clear here - Sir Henry Mill Pellatt, owner of the mansion, hoped to welcome the Royal Family here as guests.
4. High Tea
Available only every so often, you can enjoy a British high tea in Casa Loma's conservatory and ballroom, and enjoy this classic British tradition!
A stroll around Casa Loma's lovely gardens is the ideal way to top off a day viewing the grand yet cozy house.
Planning Your Visit
Due to Toronto's arctic winters, Casa Loma's gardens are only open from May til October, but you can still visit the house.
There are self-guided tours available in several different languages, as well as guides for the hearing-impaired in English and French.
Did you know that Casa Loma has been used as the location for the shooting of many movies, such as "X-Men"?
Weddings and parties
If you want to to create your own fairytale memories of Casa Loma, don't forget you can book weddings and other big events there!
Good to know
- When should I visit?
- Open daily 9:30AM - 5:00PM. Last entry at 4:30PM.
- Is it expensive?
- Adult general admission: $24.00. Discounted admission for seniors and youth.
- Will I need a guide?
- Self-guided tour through the castle, but additional guides to explain details and surrounding areas are recommended.
- How to get there
- Go to St. Clair station on the Spadina-University line, and then walk east on St. Clair to Spadina for approximately 15 minutes until you reach the castle.
- Additional information
- This is one of the attractions covered in the Toronto pass, which includes public transportation to this site free of charge. Just present your pass at the station.
- There is paid parking on-site, but make sure to check the website for road closures so you can get there quickly and easily.
Other Sightseeing Options in Casa Loma
Want to discover all there is to do in Casa Loma? Click here for a full list.
What people are saying about Casa Loma
Very informative. The Guide spoke about Toronto history, buildings, neighborhoods, attractions for the whole time you are in the bus. Whether scripted or memorized, she never missed a beat. All bus staff were very courteous, the driver wished everyone a good day and see you later as they exited the bus. It was a great way to see Toronto and get an idea of what parts of the city to explore during our visit. Highly recommend.
I visited places of interest with appreciation. The tour guide had so much knowledge on the history of all buildings -- dates they were built and the reasons why. Very much appreciated.
It is the right bus to leave. You see everything there is to see. A comfortable bus and very friendly staff. recommendable
It is a group of 4 people the super friendly guide and the very complete tour I highly recommend
It is worth it, the young man who touched us, as a guide is very well prepared.