Enjoy a walking tour of the Colosseum's underground chambers. Discover where the Romans caged wild animals, walk on the arena floor where the gladiators fought and visit the Roman Forum to see the center of ancient Roman life.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the line through a separate entrance
- Live tour guide
- Private or small groups available
Select participants and date
Meeting point may vary depending on the option booked.
What to bring
- Passport or ID card for children
- Passport or ID card, copy accepted
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- Tickets are nominative please provide all the names of the visitors attending the tour
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before the tour start time to the meeting point
- Coliseum Undergrounds have restricted visiting times so the tour has to run on time
- A valid ID card or a copy of it (or a scanned picture of your ID card or passport) is required to get inside the Colosseum
- Having a mobile phone in case contact needs to be made is highly recommended
- No flammable sprays or perfumes are allowed inside
- The exact start time of the tour will be communicated via email and by SMS after booking the necessary tickets