Explore Humantay Lake located north of Cusco, just behind the legendary snow mountain Apu Salkantay. This Humantay Lake day trip is the best way to enjoy the landscape of the region from the beautiful lake to the snowy mountains.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 12 hours - 1 day
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, Spanish
- Pickup included
- Pickup is available at downtown hotels in Cusco. Pickup times could run fifteen minutes late; please do not worry and continue waiting.
- Private group available
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
- Hiking shoes
- Rain gear
- Comfortable clothes
Know before you go
- You will need to climb 1.8 miles (3km) to reach the top of Humantay Lake; all participants should be in relatively good physical condition
- Bring an extra warm sweater, jacket, hat, and gloves as the first few hours of the tour will be very cool
- If for any reason you need to rent horse, please know that the activity provider does not manage these rentals and will not be involved in the process
- The activity provider cannot be held responsible for the change of weather conditions during your tour; it is recommended to learn more about weather conditions via apps or any other method and then to choose the best day of departure based on that research
- Since a pick-up service is included, please note that the activity provider can take 30-45 minutes to pick up the entire group, therefore if you are one of the first to be picked up it might take some time before the tour starts to finish collecting the whole group
- Only available local currency for entrance fees and extra expenses