Enjoy Machu Picchu from a different perspective by hiking all the way from the village of Mollepata. Drive away from Cusco and walk through breathtaking snowcapped mountains on the Salkantay hike.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 5 days
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
- Spanish, English
- Pickup included
- Hotel pickup from downtown Cusco starts at 4:50 AM. Please be ready and wait in your hotel lobby 15 minutes before your scheduled pickup time. This activity does not include pick up from private residences (Airbnb). If you are staying in private accommodation, please contact the activity provider a few days prior to the start of the tour to coordinate a meeting point.
- Private or small groups available
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Warm clothing
- Sun hat
- Hiking shoes
- Unaccompanied minors
Know before you go
- It is recommended to arrive in Cusco at least 2 days before the trek, so you can acclimatize and get used to the altitude
- Vegetarian and vegan food is available on request at no extra charge
- Sleeping bags are available at extra cost and can be added when booking