Hike amongst stunning landscapes and learn more about Andean culture with a full-day hike to Choquechaca and Pumamarca. See ruins from the Inca Empire, meet the locals of Choquechaca, and enjoy a hike amongst colorful flora and fauna.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 11 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, Spanish
- Pickup included
- Pickup begins 15 minutes prior to the departure time. This activity does not include pickup from private residences (Airbnb). If you stay in one, please contact the local partner days prior to the start of the tour, in order to coordinate a meeting point for pickup. For tax purposes, it is important to send passengers' passport copies to firstname.lastname@example.org when you arrive in Cusco.
- Private group
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Hiking shoes
- Comfortable clothes
Know before you go
- Roundtrip transportation is available from hotels located in Cusco's historic center
- This activity requires good acclimatization (at least full 48 hours in Cusco downtown altitude)
- Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign passengers whose stay exceeded 60 days in Peru because sales taxes are not included in the above total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local partner
- Maximum altitude: Choquechaca 12467 feet / 3800 m.a.s.l. - Walking distance: 4.3 miles / 7 km
- The use of face masks in public places is no longer mandatory due to a decrease in COVID infection in Peru. With the exception of health facilities, ground transportation services and closed spaces without ventilation. However, it is recommended that persons over 60 years of age who have received less than three doses of COVID continue to use the KN95 mask for preventive purposes.