Join a local published historian around Edinburgh’s famous Royal Mile and visit its Underground Vaults. Learn about some of Edinburgh’s fascinating history, literary heroes, infamous criminals and the battles that shaped the city into what is today.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 1.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Be led around Edinburgh's Old Town by a local published historian
- Gain exclusive access into Edinburgh's Underground Vaults
- Explore Edinburgh's long and fascinating past
- Visit some of the Old Town's hidden closes and historical sites
- Enjoy our professional, informative and engaging tour
- Expert guide
- Entry into Edinburgh's Underground Vaults
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Old Police Box, 9 Hunter Square, Royal Mile, EH1 1QS [Opposite a Starbucks & next to the Tron Kirk)Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Entry into the Underground involves walking down eight steps.
- Please note that the minimum age for this tour is 5 years old.