Take a scenic, coastal route into the Medieval Kingdom of Northumbria; visit the Holy Island of Lindisfarne, once the most important centre of religious learning in the British Isles, and explore the medieval market town of Alnwick´s stunning castle .
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 9 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- This Castles, Coasts and Fortresses Northumberland Tour takes you through Britain's medieval center of arts and religion.
- Visit the ancient Holy Island of Lindisfarne, and sample some of the Monk's Mead
- Visit Alnwick Castle, one of Britain's greastest castles and a main location for the Harry Potter films.
- Friendly and knowledgeable driver-guide
- Meals and optional extras (i.e. visitor attraction entry fees - Lindisfarne Castle & Shuttle Bus, Alnwick Castle entry, Alnwick Garden enter) are not included
- Children under 4 years
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- You must keep social distance while in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- You are required to bring and wear a mask
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The details below may change if you update your current selection:
You can find the Edinburgh departure and return point outside the green Ensign Ewart pub, at 521-523 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh, EH1 2PE.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
Know before you go
- The tour routing and availability are subject to the tidal timetable at Lindisfarne. This occasionally results in the tour having to run in reverse
- Unfortunately children under 4 years old are not permitted on this tour