6. New Orleans Lunch & Lesson: Cajun & Creole Cooking Class
Learn the basics of Louisiana Cooking with cajun and creole chefs teaching New Orleans specialties such as Gumbo, Jambalaya and Pralines, seasoning them with history, trivia and tall tales.
The chef will share the fascinating history of New Orleans, and how culture and cuisine are interwoven. Follow along and learn how to make mouth-watering creole and cajun dishes and dig in after the class. At the end of the class, you will receive a coupon to use in the general store and are encouraged to go home and try to make the dishes yourselves.
The general store, as well as the classroom, are both located in a renovated molasses warehouse built in the early 1800s in the heart of the French Quarter. The store has a thoughtful collection of the best locally sourced products and is the home of the famous Joe's Stuff Creole Seasoning, used and loved by local chefs and visitors alike.
Program of Menus:
10 AM Class
· Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday: Gumbo, Jambalaya, Bread Pudding and Pralines
· Monday: Gumbo, Red Beans and Rice, Pecan Pie and Pralines
· Tuesday: Gumbo, Jambalaya, Bananas Foster and Pralines
· Thursday: Corn & Crab Bisque, Shrimp Creole, Bananas Foster & Pralines
· Friday: Crawfish Etouffee, Shrimp and Artichoke Soup, Bread Pudding, Pralines
2 PM Class
· Saturday: Crawfish Etouffee, Shrimp and Artichoke Soup and Pralines
· Sunday, Tuesday: Corn & Crab Bisque, Chicken Etouffee and Pralines
· Monday, Thursday, Friday: Gumbo, Jambalaya and Pralines
· Wednewday: Gumbo, Chicken Creole, Pralines