Beginning in Ribeiro Frio, hike towards the Balcões’ belvedere between the typical greenery of Madeira’s forest. Throughout your hike it’s possible to contemplate the many peaks of Madeira Island, as well as encounter many species of birds.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, Portuguese, Spanish, German, French
- Pickup optional
- Pickup from your accommodation in Calheta, Ponta do Sol, or Ribeira Brava.
- Private group
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Hiking shoes
- Comfortable clothes
- Unaccompanied minors
Know before you go
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour is unfortunately not wheelchair accessible
- This product operates rain or shine, except in the case of extreme weather events
- Please contact in advance to schedule your pickup time
- Please note that you are responsible for your all your clothing for the activities
- There is an optional lunch available after the walk (payable on the day)