Step back in time to the era of the Roman Empire with a visit to Housesteads Roman Fort, set high on a dramatic escarpment on Hadrian's Wall World Heritage Site. Visit the informative museum and admire stunning panoramic views from this ancient fortress.
About this ticket
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Reserve now & pay later
- Reserve now & pay later to book your spot without any charges today. Learn more
- Valid 1 day
- Check availability to see starting times.
Select participants and date
Meeting point may vary depending on the option booked.
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
Know before you go
- Please contact the site before arriving if anyone in your party has impaired mobility to discuss the best route of access to and around the site
- Entrance fee is included in the price
- Site opening is weather dependent, on rare occasions, it is may become necessary to close the site; if bad weather is forecast on the day of your arrival please contact the site directly before arriving to confirm opening times
- During the summer season (April 1 - October 30) last entry is at 4:00 PM
- During the winter season (October 31 - March 31) last entry is at 3:00 PM
- The Family Ticket is valid for a family with 2 adults and up to 3 children under 17 years of age