Watch an amazing sunset in Meteora and discover the hidden gem of this unusual area that’s dotted with monasteries built high up on pillars of rock. Visit a monastery and the Byzantine Church of the Virgin Mary, and see how Byzantine icons are made.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, Greek
- Pickup included
- Pick-up in Kalabaka/Kastraki village at the following hotels: Hotel Doupiani House Hotel Meteoritis Petrino Guesthouse Hotel Tsikeli Monastiri Guesthouse Hotel Kosta Famissi Hotel Famissi Eden Guesthouse Lithos Divani Meteora Hotel Hotel Famissi Guesthouse Papastathis Pyrgos Adrachti Zozas Rooms Dellas Boutique Hotel Villa San Giorgio Hotel Sydney Guesthouse Plakias Guesthouse Patavalis Hotel Galaxy Hotel Pineas Mythos Guesthouse Hotel Epavlis Suites Hotel Meteora 1 Ziogas Rooms Hotel Kastraki Sofia Rooms Rooms Sisters Totti Hotel Kaikis Boutique Hotel Iridanos Guesthouse Arsenis Hotel Alexiou Hotel Vavitsas Hotel France Hotel Edelweiss Hotel Gogos Meteora Hotel Antoniadis Hotel Amalia Kalambaka Hotel Aigli Hotel Spanias Hotel Orfeas Hotel Meteora 5* Villa San Giorgio Hotel Panorama Camping Philoxenia Tsigas rooms Badalogianni Rooms Bloutsos Rooms Boufidis Rooms Meteora Garden Camping Thalia Rooms International Camping Boufidis Camping Vrachos Camping Boutique Hotel Iridanos
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Sleeveless shirts
Know before you go
- The monasteries have a strict dress code. Men must wear trousers and long sleeves, and women must wear a long skirt. If you turn up wearing shorts, trousers will be provided.
- Closed-toed shoes and a camera are recommended.
- This is semi-independent tour. The guide/driver will not enter the monasteries but will provide information outside the sites.