Enjoy a walking tour of Pontocho and Gion Shirakawa, 2 of Kyoto’s most charming and historical areas. Travel back in time to enjoy the sights, sounds, and tastes in the rustic neighborhood. Discover tea houses, restaurants, and charming sights.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Wheelchair accessible
- Small group
- Limited to 10 participants
Select participants and date
In front of Pocchiri, a charming souvenir shop on Gion Shijo Dori. Staff will be there holding an "Arigato Japan" sign. Please note we can only wait an additional five minutes after the starting time and then the tour will depart. In addition to our limited five-minute grace period, please note that we cannot give directions or contact the guides on the phone once the tour begins. This is to ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience for all guests on the tour, And also to respect our relationships with restaurants.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Unaccompanied minors
Know before you go
- The tour starts promptly at 4:30 PM and ends at 7:30 PM
- At least 2 people are required for the activity to take place. There will be a maximum of 10 participants on the tour
- The tour is vegetarian-friendly and is unfortunately not advisable for those following a vegan and/or gluten-free diet
- The operator and its guides reserve the right to refuse or withdraw guests that are unfit to take the tour for any reason or act in a dangerous manner. A guest's participation in any service will be terminated if the guest breaks any local laws or regulations put in place by Japanese authorities
- You must be 21 years of age and present a valid photo ID in order to consume alcohol
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. A passport copy is required for children aged 10 and older.