Explore the real Lima and meet the friendly locals on this 3.3-hour tour of a shanty town in the city. This eye-opening tour experience challenges common preconceptions about such poor working class areas. Your visit contributes to the community.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- COVID-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Small group
- Limited to 10 participants
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 3.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Spanish, English
- Pickup included
- In the lobby of your hotel
- Experience the real Lima and live, laugh and learn with the locals
- Explore a real Peruvian local community and visit the friendly families and children
- Enjoy a walking tour of a shanty town in Lima
- Admire the impressive panoramic views
- Pick-up from your hotel in Miraflores, San Isidro, Barranco or central Lima
- Private transport
- English-speaking guide
- All entrance tickets, tolls, parking fees and taxes
- Return transport
- People with back problems
- People with mobility impairments
- People with heart problems
- Wheelchair users
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must keep distance in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
- Customers will get a mandatory temperature check
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- Please wear comfortable shoes and bring a small bottle of water, a hat and sunblock if it is sunny.
- Please to provide your hotel's name and address to organize your pick-up.
- You will visit a shanty town that Haku Tours sponsors. Please contact the tour operator if you wish to make donations of any kind.
- Please visit out “projects” page to see the work of Haku Tours and what our wonderful clients are doing to help the local people.