Explore ancient caves at Sassi and hike to the Gravina gorge on this trip around Matera. Wander by waterfalls and through canyons. Cross a suspension bridge for sweeping views of the city from Belvedere Murgia Timone.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 3.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Private or small groups available
Select participants and date
Meet your guide at the local partner's office, near the Purgatory Church.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Hiking shoes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Hiking pants
- Medical mask
- Luggage or large bags
- Video recording
Know before you go
- This tour won't take place if it rains, as the path is much harder to walk. If this happens, you will get a refund or you can pick an alternative tour date.
- Level E Hiking: Route on a clearly visible path, includes steep stretches and exposed stretches well marked and protected. It provides easy rock passages that do not require specific mountaineering knowledge. Trekking equipment required (trekking shoes, walking poles, appropriate clothing, water and first aid kit).