3. From Amalfi: Amalfi Coast 6-Hour Private Grottoes Boat Trip
Set off on a private boat excursion along southern Italy’s famous Amalfi Coast. This tour will offer a unique experience of this world-famous coastline as it will highlight the gorgeous grottoes along the Amalfi Coast that aren't as well publicized as the grottoes in Capri. Your local captain will show you the hidden caves and grottoes only locals know about, and you can stop to swim inside and explore more (sea conditions permitting).
While cruising along the coastline, you’ll also see natural arches, rock formations and discover tiny coves perfect for a swim that are only reachable by boat. Spend the day cruising along the coastline past private villages and historic watchtowers. See the charming villages of the Amalfi Coast from the sea and enjoy a relaxed and authentic experience that you can only enjoy on a private boat excursion.
Embark from any of the following villages: Amalfi, Positano, Praiano, Minori or Maiori. (Other options are available. If your village is not listed here, please send a message.) Throughout the day, you will have the opportunity to stop and swim, explore caves and grottoes and experience the beauty of this unique coastline. See the incredible natural beauty of the Amalfi Coast up close on this fun boat excursion.
Highlights of this tour:
- Pandora's Grotto: An impressive cave near the town of Maiori, which is large enough for small boats to enter
- Grotta della Cascata: Swim into this tiny cave with incredible turquoise colored water and inside you’ll find a waterfall
- Marmorata: A lovely spot on the coast with a tropical feel. You can swim below a little waterfall cascading into the sea
- Sant’ Andrea Grotto: This cave near Amalfi is named after Amalfi’s patron St. Andrew, and is big enough to swim into and walk around
- Lover’s Arch: A natural arch that is fun to swim under as it’s such a romantic setting
- Grotta dello Smeraldo: The Emerald Grotto is a large grotto you can pay to enter. It’s named after the way the light shimmers on the green water. Inside, boatmen row around visitors for a short tour. (Note: There is a € 5 entrance fee)
- Grotta Africana: Located near the famous Africana nightclub, swim into this cave to see the light reflected in shades of blue and green
- Natural Tunnel: A natural tunnel between Praiano and Positano that you can swim through
- Laurito Grotto: A little grotto near Positano with ice cold water coming from a natural source
- Fornillo Grotto: Set beneath an ancient watchtower at Positano's Fornillo Beach, this is a popular local cave to explore
- Punta Germano: This rock formation near Positano is said to look like a face in profile
- Nerano Grottoes: The Baia di Ieranto and Nerano area at the tip of the Sorrento Peninsula have many incredible caves and grottoes and swimming spots