Discover Louisiana’s bayous on a day trip from New Orleans, with hotel pickup and entry tickets included. Tour the Oak Alley Plantation and explore Louisiana's wetlands by boat in 1 handy trip.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 7 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Pickup included
- • Pickup from selected French Quarter hotels • Please wait outside your accommodation at the activity start time
- Visit the historic Oak Alley Plantation
- Enjoy a narrated ride across the swamps and take in the unique scenery
- See alligators, turtles, and water birds in their natural habitat
Experience 2 typical Louisiana features — plantation homes and bayous — on a guided day trip from New Orleans, with hotel pickup included. Tour Oak Alley Plantation, with entry tickets included, and look out for wildlife on a boat trip through the swamplands.
Start your experience with a pickup from selected French Quarter hotels. Head out of New Orleans and travel to Oak Alley Plantation, one of the best-known in the area. Built in 1837-39, the plantation is famous for its alley of 28 evenly spaced live oak trees.
Take a guided tour of the historical plantation and gain an educational insight into the times of slavery.
Afterwards, enjoy a fully narrated boat tour of the swamps. Keep a look out for alligators, turtles, water birds, and other local wildlife. Listen as your captain tells stories of local Cajun and Creole history, and the people who live in the bayou area.
Finish your tour with the return journey to New Orleans, where you’ll be dropped off at your French Quarter hotel.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Knowledgeable guide
- Entry ticket to Oak Alley Plantation
- Swamp cruise
- Food or beverages
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must keep distance in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
What to bring
- Comfortable clothes
- Face mask or protective covering
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- Our swamp tours take place rain or shine
- Please dress comfortably
- Pickup will be between 10:30 AM and 11:00 AM