On this full-day combo tour from New Orleans, take a guided day trip to visit Oak Alley Plantation and enjoy a thrilling airboat tour in the Barataria Basin. Entry tickets and hotel pickup are included.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 8.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Pickup included
- • Pickup from your New Orleans hotel or accommodation • Be sure to be ready outside your pickup location at the scheduled activity start time
- Small group available
- Enjoy time away from busy French Quarter
- Tour a historic plantation home and then experience high-speed thrills
- See gators, racoons, wild pigs and much more the swamp has to offer
Discover Louisiana on a guided day trip from New Orleans to the historical Oak Alley Plantation, with entry tickets included, and a bayou airboat ride. Benefit from round-trip transportation from your New Orleans hotel.
Start your experience with hotel pickup, and relax on the drive to Oak Alley Plantation. Enjoy a guided tour of the plantation home by guides in period dress while you hear and learn about the times of slavery.
Take in the Greek Revival architecture of the house, the antique farm equipment exhibits, and walk around the grounds where 28 evenly spaced, huge oak trees grow. Browse the blacksmith shop and souvenir shop, or stop for a snack (at your own expense) in the restaurant.
Continue onto Barataria Basin for an airboat tour of the bayou swamplands, where your local captain will guide you through the swamps, marshes, and lakes. Travel at high speeds for an exciting ride, then slow down to spot local wildlife for a varied and exciting airboat experience.
Look out for alligators, birds, and other animals. Every airboat tour is unique, so you never know what you’ll see. Even in winter — when alligators hibernate — you’ll have a good chance of spotting these reptiles.
Back on dry land, return to the bus for the drive back to New Orleans, where you’ll finish off your trip with a convenient drop-off back at your hotel.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation by air-conditioned bus
- Entry ticket to Oak Alley Plantation
- 1-hour-and-40-minute airboat tour
- Knowledgable guides
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must keep distance in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Know before you go
- Airboat tours are performed in an open boat. If it rains, you will get wet
- Because of the nature of the airboat ride, pregnant women or persons with neck or back problems will not be able to participate
- Children must be 48” in height to sit and wear a seat belt
- Hearing protection will be provided by the company
- You can purchase inexpensive rain ponchos at the swamp tour gift shop
- Pick up begins at 8:30am with a return to your hotel by 5pm.