Explore centuries of art from around the world on a guided tour of the Metropolitan Museum in NYC. Discover art from 5 continents, Ancient Egypt, and modern-day America with skip-the-line access.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Meet in the main lobby of the Metropolitan Museum, by the statue of the Pharaoh on your right upon entering (northern side). Your guide will be holding a sign that says "Walks."Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- The Temple of Dendur is occasionally rented out for private events, with no advance notice provided. While this usually occurs in the evening, closures may impact this tour. In these cases, other works from the Egyptian collection will be substituted
- The Met rooftop is closed during the winter from November to April and reopens from early May to the end of October, weather permitting
- This tour covers quite a lot of ground. Please wear comfortable shoes
- Please provide your phone number, email address, and the address and phone number of the hotel in which you will be staying in New York
- This tour operates in English only
- The tour partner complies with all local government regulations. You may need to wear a mask or provide proof of vaccination to enter certain venues. Please refer to Chicago government guidelines for the most up-to-date information.