Join a fun, irreverent, and slightly snarky take on one of America's greatest art museums, the Met. Avoid the other stuffy museum tours and see some of the finest artworks in America whilst you have a good laugh with your expert guide and small group.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 2.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Wheelchair accessible
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
In front of the 'Statue of the Pharaoh' in the Main Entrance Lobby of the Metropolitan Museum of Art. The statue of the Pharaoh is on your right upon entering. The Metropolitan Museum of Art, 1000 5th Ave, New York, NY 10028, USAOpen in Google Maps ⟶
- Flash photography
Know before you go
- This tour may not be suitable for young children under 13 years
- Certain pieces may not be able to be viewed due to museum loans or the closure of certain rooms for events; in this case, the guide, at their discretion, will substitute the tour with another piece of important value
- Coat and bag check is available during the colder months; please allow a little extra time before and after the tour to use this facility
- Flash photography, video cameras, and selfie sticks are prohibited inside the museum
- The Met is fully wheelchair accessible. However, if you cannot climb the stairs of the central entrance to reach the meeting point, there is a ground level entrance 1 block south, near the intersection of 81st Street and 5th Avenue. Tell the desk you need to use the elevator to meet a group in the main lobby (at the pharaoh statue), which will then secure your entrance ticket. They will provide you with a temporary pass and direct you upstairs.