Venture to Iceland's most recent volcanic eruption on this trip from Reykjavik. Head out on an 18 kilometer hike around the Litli Hrutur Volcano and see the incredible newly formed lava fields.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 10 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Pickup included
- Pickup is available from hotels in Reykjavík, or from the Grindavik swimming pool parking lot. Please be ready at your designated pickup location at 9:00 AM. The pickup process usually takes up to 30 minutes.
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Food and drinks
- Hiking shoes
- Hiking pants
Know before you go
- This hike is demanding and lasts 3 hours each way
- You must be fit enough to walk 18 km on uneven terrain to take part in this activity
- This tour is not suitable for people over 70 years old (unless experienced hikers)