Get to know the Tijuca Forest National Park by a small group hike on this amazing and challenging circuit visiting peaks with great views of Rio, caves, waterfalls, and ruins from old coffee farms.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 9 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, Portuguese
- Pickup included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off are provided from designated hotels and hostels in the South Zone area in the following neighborhoods: Copacabana, Ipanema, Leblon, Leme, Santa Teresa, Gloria, Catete, Flamengo, Praia de Botafogo. Please check with the local partner to see if this service is possible from your hotel/address. If pickup is not available from your hotel, a nearby meeting point will be provided instead.
- Private or small groups available
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Insect repellent
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- This tour is not recommended for children under 14 years of age; people with a history of cardiovascular, pulmonary, or any illness/condition incompatible with difficult physical activities
- Children with more than 14 years old are welcome if they enjoy hiking and nature and please also consider the tour is a full day (8 to 9h)
- The tour requires reasonable fitness
- Hike Details: duration 4 to 5 hours round-trip distance 9 km (5,6 miles). Elevation gain 651m (2135ft).
- The operator of this tour reserves the right to refuse any participant that they believe are unable to endure this hike
- Please bring:
- Snacks and water (2 to 3 liters)
- Insect repellant
- Small backpack
- Swimwear and towel (for the waterfall shower)
- Please wear:
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Sneakers/hiking boots (no sandals!)