See the highlights of the Vatican and Ancient Rome on this 6.5-hour guided walking tour. This combination of 2 popular offerings takes you on a morning tour of Rome’s architectural gems followed by an afternoon visit to the Vatican.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 6 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
- English, French, Italian, German, Spanish
Select participants and date
There are two different meeting points for this combination tour. Walk through Colosseum Square a few meters to the Arch of Constantine and look for a big white flag. For the second part, please arrive at the activity provider’s office 25-minute before the tour departure. The nearest metro station is Ottaviano (line A).Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Luggage or large bags
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
- Weapons or sharp objects
Know before you go
- The tour does not include a visit to St. Peter's during the following times, as it will be closed: 24 and 31 December and Wednesdays from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- On rare occasions, St. Peter’s Basilica can close without notice. If this happens, you'll spend a full 3-hours touring the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. Any affected dates will be listed as they become available. The tour guide will aim to notify guests if St. Peter’s Basilica is unexpectedly closed upon commencement of the tour. It is beyond the tour operator's control, so no refunds or discounts will be issued
- Dress code at the Vatican requires your shoulders and knees to be covered. This is strictly enforced and if you are not dressed accordingly, you may be refused entry
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- The Vatican tour and the ancient Rome tour are both 3-hours long