Spend the morning among Redwood trees then visit California's wine country on a day trip from San Francisco. Enjoy wine tasting in California's vineyards, and stop at the Golden Gate Bridge for photos.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 9 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Optional audio guide
- Spanish, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese
- Pickup included
- • Pickup is available from most San Francisco hotels • If available, your exact pickup location and time will be advised upon reconfirmation of your tour
- Private group available
- 30 minutes
Muir Woods National Monument (hiking, photo stop, coffee)
- 1 hour
Glen Ellen (wine tasting, winery)
Sonoma Plaza (lunch, wine tasting, picnic)
Napa (winery, wine tasting)
Schellville (winery, wine tasting)
- 30 minutes
Golden Gate Bridge (photo stop)
- 30 minutes
- See the Sequoia Redwood
- Enjoy 3 wine tasting stops (fees included)
- Learn about the winemaking process
- Stop for lunch at the historic Sonoma Plaza
- Choose from either a shared or private guided experience
See the giant sequoia trees at Muir Woods National Monument and discover California’s Wine Country on this San Francisco day trip with hotel pickup. Walk in the shadows of the world’s tallest trees, before enjoying wine tastings at 3 wineries in the Sonoma and Napa valleys.
After a pickup from your San Francisco hotel, your first stop is Muir Woods National Monument (entry tickets not included). Spend 1 hour hiking through the old-growth forest here to admire the famous coastal redwood trees.
Next up, continue onto Glen Ellen in the Sonoma Valley for your first wine tasting session. Learn all about the history and craft of winemaking as you tour the vineyard. Afterwards, you’ll have some free time to enjoy lunch (at your own expense) in Sonoma Plaza.
In the afternoon you’ll savor 2 more tasting sessions at wineries in Napa and Schellville. Savor the chance to taste wines produced from a variety of grapes, specialties, and wine-making styles.
Last but not least, finish off your trip with a photo stop at the Golden Gate Bridge, before being dropped back at your San Francisco hotel.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from most San Francisco hotels
- Wine tasting fees
- Professional guide
- Muir Woods entry fee ($15, subject to change)
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must keep distance in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
- Customers must fill out a travel information form
- Customers will get a mandatory temperature check
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
Know before you go
- You must be 21 or over, with a valid ID to participate in the wine tasting.
- Please note that for your child's safety, we require you to bring a child safety seat for all children that are not at least 8 years of age or 4 foot 9 (1.45 meters) in height.
- The tour operator is not responsible for loss or damage of personal property on tours or for delays due to accidents, breakdowns, or adverse traffic and weather conditions on tours.