Get a chance to see the Northern Lights with experienced guides and a small group of only up to 8 guests on a guided tour from Tromsø.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 6 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Small group
- Limited to 8 participants
Select participants and date
Meet outside Tourist Shop Tromsø Havn, which is a white house with blue writing. Please stand on the corner opposite Pukka Travels, and the Roald Amundsen Monument, your guide will meet you there.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Waterproof shoes
- Warm shoes
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- Duration 6-9 hours approx
- It is advised to wear warm clothing and suitable footwear
- Bathroom facilities might be limited
- Space is limited, so please do not bring unnecessary items
- Refunds are not offered if the Northern Lights are not visible so please note that cameras can often show northern lights more clearly than the naked eye
- A general fitness level is required for rough terrain, deep snow, and slippery conditions
- Visiting around the new moon will give you the darkest skies, causing the Northern Lights to appear stronger, and on clear nights filling the sky with stars; during full moon, the Aurora may appear fainter, but illuminates the landscapes which can make for very effect-full photographs
- Northern Lights Sunset: Autumn (end of August - beginning of September), Spring (end of March - April): during these times it is possible to see the Aurora, but it may appear weaker, as the nights are brighter and shorter