Discover the prisons of the Venetian Republic, one of the earliest jails in Europe. Go on a small group tour through cells, tortures room where Casanova was arrested by the Lords of the Nights.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 1 hour
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
- French, English, Italian
- Small group
- Limited to 9 participants
Select participants and date
In Piazza San Marco, with the Doge’s Palace in front of you and the S.Mark’s Basin at your back, go on the right, cross the Bridge (from where you see the Bridge of Sighs) and then look on the left, you will see the entrance of the Palazzo delle Prigioni. Do not go to the entrance of Doge's Palace - Prison Palace is the building close to Doge's Palace, after the bridge. The access to the Prisons is on the first floor.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
- Please note that this tour is carried out in multiple languages at the same time.