Try your hand at skippering your own boat by hiring one of these nippy little self-steer boats. They are fantastic fun, safe, and easy to pilot. Suitable for up to 8 passengers.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 1 hour
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Private group
Select participants and date
The Red Boat Hire Point, King's Staith, Tower Gardens, York, YO1 9SN.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Alcohol and drugs
Know before you go
- Hires will begin on the hour from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM on weekdays and at either 10:00 AM or 11:00 AM on weekends and Bank Holidays (there may be a wait of up to 15 minutes during peak times). The person hiring the boat must be at least 18 years old and be able to provide a valid means of ID
- People under the influence of alcohol are not permitted on board and no alcohol is to be taken on board
- You are more than welcome to bring a picnic and soft drinks along with you to enjoy on board
- You will then be required to bring a cash security deposit with you on the day of travel (minimum £40)
- Once you have pre-booked online with GetYourGuide, you will still be required to meet the conditions of hire on arrival at the jetty. NOTE: If you do not meet the conditions of hire you will be refused
- You are welcome to bring your own non-alcoholic drinks and snacks on board